Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Eradicating Viruses
I find it hard to conceptualize and finish this article because I couldn’t find the best topic that would catch everybody’s attention. So long before I realized and personally witnessed the viruses that alter the progression and development of my beloved alma mater…

This institution (Saint John Academy) was founded many years ago. The school administration worked hard for the school to have good reputation and to earn dignity. It took years to produce well-mannered Christians as well as to produce students a highly competitive citizen. The school offers high standards of education and very satisfactory facilities and I will not allow those pests to freely intrude the “well-functioning” of this academe.

I am confident to say that those viruses are now invading and dominating this academe and trying to tear it down. I am pretty much sure that all of the students and teachers have the same observations just like mine. Rules are strictly implemented but I really don’t know where and what we are lacking of.

CHEATING. The school prohibits cheating. As a Catholic school, this institution has to form the students a morally and socially upright being. Students must be humane and learn to persevere to reach their goals and why some students do such thing? In my own perspective, it’s just a matter of having high grades or the other thing is they don’t study their lessons, as simple as that! The virus of cheating is invading the innocent mind of the students. So the faculty is doing its best to eradicate the virus and protect their students from corruption of mind. I just want to instill this into the mind of everyone that grades are just numbers and it will not reflect who they are as persons. In the end, grades cannot measure your ability and capability as a student, it is how they live their lives which will only matter at the end of the day.

VANDALISM. It is an obvious rule that wherever we are whether private or public place that we must not vandalize on walls, chairs and tables. If you do, it is unbecoming but I cant really figure out why some person do this untoward act. Well, it is not a big deal in Saint John Academy because the faculty is doings its best to avoid vandalism but in some cases, the school cannot prevent some students in making the walls and chairs of SJA a ‘graffito’.

DISRESPECT. I was in the state of shock when I witnessed this scenario – a student shouting at his teacher, as if he was very much older than his teacher. I couldn’t imagine that a student of Catholic school could do this act. This academe is trying hard to mold all of its students to become virtuous individuals but it seems that we cannot really avoid some unexpected foul attitude from a student. I just want to inform those guilty after reading this article that this institution is not a rehabilitation center that is obliged to reinstate those pests that are trying to ruin the stable status of the school. This thing made me think why some people hate to see us, I mean my school progressing. Well, I am giving you the privilege to decide and answer this in accordance to your own perspective.

Undoubtedly, some of the students here in Saint John Academy have to have proper discipline. If not, this school will not develop and level up because there are these viruses that hinder the school from progressing. I wrote this article not for criticism, this is to inform everyone and to be an eye opener that our school still needs improvement. We have to work out things especially the students because good teaching and facilities are worthless and rules are useless if the persons mandated to abide the law are not following and does not give importance to these things.

I am proud to be a Johannine despite the fact that we still need improvement because I know that the school is really doing its best to produce good students. I am proud to say that the edge of this school from other is that the core of this school is “faith”, Jesus Christ, not anybody else and He will help this school in improving more and in facing these obstacles.

Lastly, I will and always will be proud to be a Johannine because this school doesn’t only want to be praised, applauded and glorified. We also accept constructive criticism and negative feedback (in a positive way).

No comments:

Post a Comment